Monday, July 11, 2011

Living Room Updates and Wishes

So the hubster and I moved into our house about 1 1/2 years ago, and furnished our house with a modge podge of hand me down furniture and college furniture. We were very grateful for the furniture we were given, but slowly but surely we are coming into our own sense of style, and are able to buy furniture we love to better match what we like.

Exhibit A: our living room the day we moved in


and now,

(with a lot of DIY stuff that I feel makes it even more personal)

DIY "art" - fabric around some wooden frames

DIY coat rack in the back right (check out how I did it here)
SIDE NOTE: the printed chair there...hubster likes it better there for function, I want to put it and the ottoman here in the empty back corner by the door
for flow of the room, and I want to get a coffee table...what's your vote? - we don't really use the living room that much, only when we have guests over




My summer mantel

with DIY-book bundle, found shells, and my favorite flowers of all!

We still have alot to do...
like replacing the hand-me-down end tables with a real table like this

and maybe a cute bookcase for the bare spot by our back door,like this

(just one)
but I'm just so excited to be able to see some of me in our house now!

Oh, and I'm so lusting after one of these Pottery Barn throws

and these Pottery Barn pillows

I found a tutorial for the pillows, so if I ever get a sewing machine and learn to sew it looks do-able, but I might just have to break down and buy a throw because there's no way I can do that!

P.S. Check out how we changed up the bedroom here

No comments:

Post a Comment