We celebrated last night with the neighbors and had a barbeque and set off fireworks. I brought this dessert, and it was gone by the time we left so it must have been good!
I was inspired by this dish on the Food Network, but instead of the recipe for filling I used a recipe I knew for a no bake cream cheese. To make the filling I used
- 16 oz cream cheese
- 8 oz sour cream
- 8 oz cool whip
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp imitation vanilla extract
- Mix together room temperature cream cheese, sour cream, and sugar until well blended.
- Stir in cool whip and vanilla extract.
- Slice the strawberries, then cut the slices in half and let them sit in with some sugar to make them sweet and juicy.
- Fill the shells with about a teaspoon of the no bake cheesecake, and smooth the top out so it's flat (I used the back of my spoon).
- Line a 9x13 glass cooking dish (or any other holder) with shells 5 x 7.
- Place blueberries in the top left quarter of the dish for the stars, and place the strawberries in the bottom (or top) of the rest of the shells.