Sunday, August 14, 2011

Weekend Wrap Up

I've had lots of fun this weekend! My Mom came up to celebrate my birthday early, and got me some really cute beach chairs and an umbrella for my upcoming beach trip! Then, we went to a real live storage auction! I'm one of those dorks that watch the auction shows like Storage Wars and Auction Hunters, and when I drove by and saw that one by my house was having one I was so excited!


I didn't buy anything, but it was fun to go to and just see what people have stored. This auction had 6 storage units, and they all belonged to one person! Talk about someone in need of an intervention from Hoarders!!!

We also went to the Raleigh Farmers Market and ate at the Seafood Restaurant. I've lived in or near Raleigh for 8 years now, and I hadn't been to this place until a few months ago...I missed out for so long! If you like seafood, it's definitely worth a visit if you live close or visit!

NC Seafood Restaurant
I got the Fried Clam Strip lunch portion that comes with slaw, hush puppies, and fries for less than $8. Mom got the same but with shrimp instead, and my hubster got a fried catfish sandwich for $5. We all enjoyed it, then walked around the market and sampled the fresh foods and looked at the pretty flowers!



I've also found another DIY project I want to do. I'm sure it's not new and original, but I saw this at the market, and love the way it looks!

I think I'll try it out with a big wooden bucket and some type of cute colorful top planter!

How was your weekend? Have you ever gotten anything cool from a storage auction?


No comments:

Post a Comment