Sunday, August 07, 2011

Cheesecake Stuffed Peaches

In last months issue of Better Home and Garden magazine, there was a recipe for cheesecake stuffed peaches, and they looked amazing! The inlaws came over today so I tried it out...and it was really really good. Here's the link for you, and I've copied and pasted the recipe straight from the BH&G site!

Ingredients
6 peaches, halved and pitted
1/4 cup butter, melted
3 tbsp. cinnamon-sugar
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup sugar
1 egg yolk
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla

Directions
Preheat oven to 350*F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper; set aside. Trim a very thin slce from the round side of each peach half so halves stand flat on the baking pan. Dip peach halces in melted butter to coat. Arrange peach halves, cut sides up, in prepared pan. Sprinkle cut sides of peaches with cinnamon sugar; set aside.

In a medium mixing bowl beat cream cheese with a mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add sugar, egg yolk, and vanilla. Beat until combined. Spoon cream cheese mixture into peach centers.

Bake uncovered, about 30 minutes or until lightly browned and softened. Serve warm or at room temperature.
In the recipe it said to cook for 30 minutes but I only did for 18 and they were perfect!





Please ignore the fact that they look like a decaying molar :)


Linking to
MakingC.G.



2 comments:

  1. I love cheesecake and I love peaches! I have never put the two together! I found you at a blog party and would love for you to link up at my Savvy HomeMade blog party at http://www.homesavvyatoz.com/2011/08/14/blog-party-3/

    I look forward to blogging with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!! I read this in last months issue, Im waiting for the perfect opportunity to make it. I often make the cheesecake stuffed strawberries. They are a little simplier than this recipe, but I will def. try it!! You can read my cheesecake stuffed strawberries recipe on my blog. http://theinspiredcollection.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete