Sunday, November 13, 2011

Baby Cake Number 3

I decided to try making a diaper cake differently this time.  The recipients of the diaper cakes I've made in the past (see my first one here and blanket wrapped one here) have loved their gifts, but I always felt bad they had to take off a rubber band and unroll each diaper to use them, I wanted to make it a little easier this time.  I just did some guessing and reworking, and it all turned out good! 

Supplies: ribbons, johnsons travel pack, baby washcloths, artificial flowers-stems cut off, tape, 42 size 2 pampers, clothes
1. Lay the diapers out in a line, overlapping evenly.  These had images at the top, so i just had the next diaper start at the bottom of the design.
2.  I folded up the clothes the width of the diapers and included that on top before I started rolling...then just start rolling it inwards on itself.

3. Add more diapers and clothes to make the "layers" different sizes.  Secure with a rubber band (making only one rubber band to take off than one on each diaper!) and stack on top of one another.

4. Cove the rubber bands with decorative ribbons,
 add in flowers and goodies, 
Tah-dah!


It's sitting on top of a cute magnetic memo board that can be used in the nursery, and I can't wait to give it to the mommy to be!







No comments:

Post a Comment