Sunday, October 09, 2011

Weekend Wrapup

The hubster and I are on a budget this months so we're not really going out and doing a lot, but this weekend I had to get out of the house!  It was a beautiful day so we spent the day strolling the farmers market, stopping by his office to get some awesome apple cider in the cool Keurig machine they have (seriously, have you guys seen/used these!?  They're so quick and make all kinds of yummy drinks), and then went strolling around Target to do some inspiration shopping for decorating his new office building.  We only spent $5, and it was on these beautiful flowers (have I mentioned I'm a sucker for sunflowers?)
and it was some of the most fun I've had in a while!  The best part...driving around hand in hand with the windows down!  Yay for great weather and company!

Side note...I bought these chairs from World Market (in the color "soap") because they were close to what I wanted for the cheapest I have found by far (especially since I had 2 coupons, they equaled about $60 each!), but not exactly what I wanted (they had brown legs and I needed black). So I sanded down the legs and painted them (making them nonreturnable), and now that I have them with the table, I think I like them, but the hubster is bothered that the whites of the chair and the table legs aren't matchy matchy.  Do you think they look ok? - be honest!

I also made some 3 ingredient pumpkin spice muffins (recipe coming Thursday) that were delicious, 

 and watched this movie (not really recommended, but I couldn't pass it up because it had Mandy Moore and one of the vamps from Twilight in it!).  We have a Blockbuster movie pass, so for $15 a month we have unlimited rentals (one out at a time) of anything in the store (games and movies) - Blockbuster's making a comeback y'all!
 Oh, and one of the cutest things I saw at Target - this adorable snowman!  But at $50, I had to pass him by...maybe I can figure out someway to DIY!  It really is super cute!
Hope you all had a great weekend as well!  See you tomorrow for Must Make Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment