Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Oh The Places You Will Go...

I decided to try my hand at painting a while back...and decided I am awful! I'll spare you the pictures of the canvas, but believe me, it wasn't pretty! So I've had a couple canvases sitting around painted, and wondering what to do with them so they didn't go to waste. Then I came across this project on Jones Design Company's website. I've had the idea for a while now, just had to find the time to do it...like today while the baby I watch was napping! :) I used an old British Literature textbook and cut out random pages. On the inspirations project she put all her pages the same way, but I kind of like the look of them going in different directions. I modge podged the pages onto the canvas, and then put a layer of modge podge on top when I was done. Then I used some stickers from (yet again) the Dollar Tree, and placed them on the canvas in a pattern I liked.
That's it...simple project! I think it'll look good in a nursery. Some other things that might look good if you want a collection of this kind of art are this Ballard Design knockoff, make the silohette (similar to this idea), paint on a monogram similar to this, or cut out an image of whatever the theme of the room/nursery is! It might even be cute to cut out some branches, then make some tissue paper flowers like this to add a great pop of color! To go in a completely different direction with the book pages, you could make these cute hanging balls!

3 comments:

  1. That is so cute! I love Dr. Seuss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica, thank you so much for commenting on my post at Remodelaholic today. Cute project - hope it finds a great home in the nursery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun & creative!! Thank you for linking up to my K.I.S.S. blog bash last week. This weeks blog bash is in full swing again!! If you haven't already please be sure & link up more of your creativity, I look forward to seeing all your great ideas. :)

    Drop by The Tattered Tag

    ReplyDelete