Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Copy Cat Craft : PB Kids Spring Plaque

I know several people who are expecting babies soon! Some still don't know the sex of their kid, but I took the chance one would be a girl after looking through the PB Kids catalog and seeing these cute pictures, then remembering seeing similar stuff at the Dollar Tree! I bought the supplies a couple weeks ago and have been waiting for time to make it. Today was a sick day for me (ugh!) but that meant I had plenty of time to spend in bed and the perfect spot to try out my craft! I started with decals and a canvas ($4 + tax total), and pictures of the inspiration pulled up on my computer screen...

I applied the decals and rearranged them until I liked them...


Then added some sticker letters I already had with a cute quote I found...
And here's the original (on the bottom right)...http://www.potterybarnkids.com/products/romantic-spring-plaques/popup/more-views.html

I'm happy with how it turned out, and it cost me about 10% of what PB Kids is selling it for! Yay!

10 comments:

  1. I just love this cute and thrifty idea...looks great!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is adorable. Thank you for linking up to More The Merrier. Can't wait to see what you have next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! I have those exact dollar tree stickers! I may have to try this:) Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! Your version is adorable! Nice work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! What a simple idea but it has big impact! Thanks for linking it up to my Catch a Glimpse party. Always nice to see a new face!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it when I find a cheaper way to do something. it's like a victory for me. I want what I have my eye on, but at a price I am pleased with. I love DIY!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How stinkin' adorable!!! I love how it turned out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Spring!! This is simply adorable & creative. Thank you for linking up to my K.I.S.S. blog bash last week. This weeks blog bash is in full swing again!! If you haven't already please be sure & link up more of your creativity, I look forward to seeing all your great ideas. :)

    Drop by The Tattered Tag

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the butterfly and the lady bug on the painting.

    lisa

    ReplyDelete