Saturday, June 11, 2011

Five Favorite Finds

Schools out for summer, and the kiddos I watch get bored SO easily, so I'm featuring five of my favorite finds for summer activities that can be done around the house. Best of all, these are all pretty much free things you probably already have!
Paddleball by Pen n' Paperflowers - this post is actually about a beautiful red themed ball they threw, but this was one of the fabulous ideas shared...a balloon, popsicle sticks, and paper plates; GENIUS!
Cardboard Creations at ikat bag - several different ideas for building things with cardboard boxes
Pudding Pops from Our Best Bites - my kiddos are allergic to nuts so we kind of picked and chose from a couple recipes, and ended up making chocolate banana ones that were really good! We also just used small plastic cups and popsicle sticks since we didn't have molds, and they turned out just fine.
Car Wash found via a news link - doesn't this look like a lot of fun!?
Spy Training found at Chicken Babies - she had a spy themed party and shared lots of fun ideas, but my favorite was definitely the "laser" obstacle course.

Have you guys found other neat things? I'd love for you to share your ideas! I love the kiddos, but with 2 six year olds with special needs and a 16 month old, I'm going to need all the help I can get!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, Jessica, for the shout out! I hope you have a great summer. Our kids get so easily bored, too so we. too, are always on the lookout for things to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for featuring my spy party! You have some great ideas listed here.

    ReplyDelete